onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: ALL who have had new SKREEM Modules

Originally Posted by vicki
For all those that have had the Mystery No Start

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...art-issue.html

and/or repaired the RCM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

AND ended up having to get a new SKREEM module, have you been able to get your original part returned to you? My dealership says they are required to return these to "Chrysler".

Seems strange as there was no "core charge" mentioned when I called around for the parts. The reason I ask is there was a huge volume of poor quality surface mount fuses dumped onto the market in the mid to late 2000's. I've had 2 TVs go out and the cause was a surface mount fuse that blew. The resolution was to by a matching component and solder around the blown fuse with a net result of about $500 of repairs in my pocket PER TV.

Just curious if it is A) TRUE that Chrysler demands them back and B) are they doing this to hide an obvious defect in a very simple part????

Here is some useful information I got elsewhere.

Case Number: S1108000127
Release Date: 8/16/2011
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
No Start/No Crank. PCM has code 2071-08 present.
Discussion:
Vehicle may not crank or may only crank for a few seconds and not start. Code 2071 description
reads Start Enable Message from the SKREEM module not received by PCM. Check communication
status of SKREEM. If no response from SKREEM, check power and ground circuits to SKREEM
module. Load testing is preferred. If ok, check status of CAN bus. If other modules are
communicating, replace the SKREEM module.
NOTE: Replace the SKREEM only. It is NOT necessary to replace the PCM or
key when installing a new SKREEM.

Case Number:
S1208000005
Release Date:
01/05/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
No Start, No Crank; Code 2071-08 Or P2071 In PCM - Start Enable Message Not Sent
Discussion:
Check the Can C wiring circuits from the SKREEM to the PCM. Terminals and wiring should be
checked; Can C voltage should be 2.5v.There has been a few reported cases where the bus wiring
was damaged at the SKREEM module. Also review the B+ feed and the fused engine control relay
output at the PCM. There have been a few reported cases of relay control modules not supplying the
proper power feed to the PCM. Validation required at the PCM C5 connector, pins 3 and 9. Replace
the SKREEM module as needed.
In Ontario the repairer is required to give you the parts that he exchanged and charged you for. This does not apply when you have something replaced under warranty. He cannot show you the part and keep it when you paid for it unless you tell him that he can keep it.

It is yours as you originally paid for it, that is simple logic.

The US has much more stringent laws on consumer protection. You can tell them that you know the law and bluff them out or you can look it up and quote the law number and maybe show them in writing.

Good luck.