View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 AM
ala_xfire
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: how to alighn headlights

Originally Posted by Jackerman
Pretty foggy out right now comming home and noticed my hi beams and low beams needed to be re aligned , how do i do it ?

I Googled this and found someone saying on an "ask" website that they are electronic..is this true? If so how and where is the button or **** ?
If not how do i do it manually , it was really bugging me
They are NOT electronic, there is a white **** on each unit that effects both high and low :

from the manual -
HEADLAMP ALIGNMENT PREPARATION
1. Verify headlamp dimmer switch and high beam indicator operation.
2. Inspect and correct damaged or defective components that could interfere with proper headlamp alignment.
3. Verify proper tire inflation.
4. Clean headlamp lenses.
5. Verify that luggage area is not heavily loaded.
6. Fuel tank should be FULL. Add 2.94 kg (6.5 lbs.) of weight over the fuel tank for each estimated gallon of missing
fuel.
8L - 112 LAMPS/LIGHTING - EXTERIOR - SERVICE INFORMATION ZH
ALIGNMENT SCREEN PREPARATION
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface perpendicular to a flat wall 7.62 meters (25 ft.) away from the front of
headlamp lens (Note: If necessary, tape a line on the floor 7.62 meters (25 ft.) away from, and parallel to the
wall).
2. From the base of the wall, measure up 1.27 meters (5 ft.), and tape a line on the wall at the center line of the
vehicle. Sight along the center line of the vehicle (from rear of vehicle forward) to verify accuracy of the line
placement.
3. Rock vehicle side-to-side three times to allow suspension to stabilize.
4. Jounce front suspension three times by pushing downward on front bumper and releasing.
5. Measure the distance from the center of headlamp lens to the ground. Transfer measurement to the alignment
screen (with tape). Use this line for up/down adjustment reference.
6. Measure distance from the center line of the vehicle to the center of each headlamp being aligned. Transfer
measurements to screen (with tape) to each side of vehicle center line.
HEADLAMP ADJUSTMENT
A properly aimed left and right low beam headlamp will project the center of the low beam hot spot on the alignment
screen below the horizontal center line and 152 mm (6 in.) to the right of headlamp center line. The high beam
headlamps cannot be aligned. The high beam pattern should be correct when the low beams are aligned properly.
To adjust headlamp alignment, rotate alignment screw to achieve the specified low beam hot spot pattern.

NOTE: There two covered horizontal alignment screws per unit, there were intended to be factory only adjustments, but you can search for onehundred80's thread on this if you like.