View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 418 Likes on 357 Posts
Default Re: Horn stop working.

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Sorry for the delayed thank you but I was out of town for a couple of days. I appreciate all the expert advise. Each of the Stebel horns did include a relay (to use if necessary) but since I can't find an existing horn relay (to replace?) I had no idea how to wire in the relay they provided (they did not offer any directions on that). I will order one of the horn wiring kits related to these Stebel horns and try to follow those directions. THANKS to everyone for their time and efforts in responding. Thats what makes this forum so great!

PS Ordered this wiring kit. I see that the wires hook up to the relay with spade connectors. I can do that!

Deluxe Wiring Kit for Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horns | eBay

RedDog, its VERY EASY PEASY! Just take a set of the wires off of one horn to ACTIVATE the high current relay coil(s) that you wire to any high power buss. This is just like hitting your horn but instead of your horns blowing, the relay activates and the high power horns blow. No other splicing/wiring is needed (except to run the fused power line to the relay contacts then to horns) and to go back to OEM just plug the two horns back in and take all the other stuff back out. If your horns only have one wire going to it, one would feed one side of the relay coil(s) and the other would go to ground. Its about as simple as you can get without running all kinds of other wiring or splicing into anything. Makes it super easy to return back to OEM as well. This way, when you hit your horn the relay coil(s) engage and the horns get the high power they need. You can power anything the relay contacts can handle with this setup. A bonus is all the wiring is under the hood (or wherever you mount them monsters) and nothing else is cut/disturbed. It just cannot get any easier and non-intrusive as this my friend!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 12-06-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added Info