Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM
bvcooper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY Auto Transmission Connector Repair Link

Thanks - good info. I sincerely appreciate your help.

After I asked for help in finding a Crossfire technician near Savannah, I got lucky and found a former Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer service manager who recently bought an independent auto repair shop from his uncle. Great news is that he's in Springfield, GA just 7 miles from my Clyo, GA home. He knows - and loves - Crossfires.
He personally performs the Crossfire work and- amazingly - he lets you hang out in the shop and watch him work. He has very current equipment and diagnostic tools.

Had him do the trans connector repair. He charged $59 total for parts and labor. He also did an oil & filter service, checked everything out, and pronounced our baby in excelent health.

I don't want to push this man on anyone, but he's good. I'm an ex-mechanical engineer, have done a little racing, built cars, etc. Based on that background, I think he's a far better than average tech, and he cares aboiut what he does. He also guarantees all his work. If anyone's interested, and if it doesn't violate Forum rules, I'll post his contact info. He's 45 miles from Savannah - about 20 miles west of I-95 Exit 109 (in GA just inside the GA-SC line).

Thanks again,

BV Cooper

Last edited by bvcooper; 12-09-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling