Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Re: Official Tire Review Thread

Originally Posted by hpmotors
[B][COLOR=Red]Brand: Kuhmo
Model: Ecsta LE Sport Max Summer
Size: 255-35/19
Treadwear: 280
Rating is 96Y

My Crossfire is a 05 six speed coupe. I have been running nothing but Continentals the first 40K. Used their various Sport Contact 2, Sport Contact 3 etc. All handled great and were amazing in the wet. However, they all were gone (rears) in less than 10k miles. Note that the wear was even across the tires, with no obvious alignment issues. Believe, me, I had this issue checked and rechecked. Fronts lasted about 24K.
These Kuhmos are finally a sop to try something cheaper. I have been using Kuhmos for over 10 years on my Miatas with great results, so I thought why the heck not on the Crossfire.Note that these are Y rated, not W's which is what the car came with. So far I've gone about 5 k and they still have a lot of tread. Sorry, but I haven't measured, just eyeballed. Handling is good, not as great as Continentals. Wet is very good. Can't really compare handling as I still have Conty's on the front.
So far, I would buy them again. If you are on a bit of a budget, they are far cheaper than Michelins or Continentals.
I got the Kumho Ecsta 4V all season to replace the Conti all season OEM tires on my rears a couple of weeks ago. Good price if not good service from Sears. Much quieter ... I can hear the wind noise through the window rubber again

Careful in the wet when you have better tires on back ... the stability control gets unhappy.