Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Paddle shifter install instructions completed

Originally Posted by Beaner
I already have the holes cut and drilled but I want to have the leather "like new" again on my stock wheel so I am going to this place. Steering Wheels and Armrest Restoration » See Our Work | Fibrenew Niagara Peninsula

I am also looking into something different once I get a spare wheel that was not in a wreck. Probably during the summer I will get another one done the way I want at this place. Its not cheap but looks great. Custom Leather & Wood Grain Steering Wheels | Craft Customs

That sounds great.

I was asking because in the event that you were having DCT motorsports do a custom wheel for you and you were hesitant about cutting your wheel for the paddles (as many are), you could let Ivan know that you wanted the wheel cut for paddles and he would send it to me (as I have been doing all of their modifications for paddles for the last year).

On your first wheel that you are sending for "renewal" , I (and others I am sure) would love to see some detailed before and after pics ... and some pricing info.

On your second wheel, that you are having customized, I would be interested in hearing about the particular operations you are having done and the associated costs ... you could post it or send me a pm/email if you dont mind. Having a working relationship with DCT motorsports, It works for me to get my wheels done by their customizing wizards (somewhere on the other side of the globe where the EPA has no domain : ) Currently, I am having a 2-tone ergo-gripped wheel done for my latest slk32 and am going to have a wheel done for my sl55 as well. But, I am curious to see what others offer, and for how much.

again, when you get to installing the rest of the kit in your car, don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Chris