View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM
closer9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well,this may be goodbye... :(

Thanks guys. I'm very glad to be out with just minor injuries. Started to panic just a bit when both bags blew, and I couldn't get my door open. Was very hard to breath. I quickly crawled out the passenger's side, coughing and gasping, and it was about 10 minutes before I realized the temp was 16F, and my coat, gloves and hat were still in the car.

Really hurt to see my baby sitting there like that, especially after they towed her, and traffic just continued on running over the little pieces... I'm very ****/proud of my vehicles. Vacuum it once a week, never leave trash, fret about scratches... Oh, well. I'll move one...

Interestingly, MrMopar was my first thought when the tow truck pulled up. Figured I would let him know about her... Hate to see good parts go to waste. I'm really glad I waited this long to put tires on though.

I work about 40 miles from home. The wreck was less than five miles from work. Fortunately a coworker pulled up shortly after it happened, and took me to work, and will be taking me home. A friend is going to let me borrow an Explorer till I can make other arrangements.

Last edited by closer9; 01-16-2013 at 11:49 AM.