Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
onehundred80
Received 563 Likes on 473 Posts
Default Re: Paddle shifter install instructions completed

Originally Posted by latemodel21
Just be careful to not overtighten as it can deform the switch. If you operate the switch as you tighten the screw and stop tightening when the feel of the switch changes, you will be fine.

here are some pics showing fit.

the first is MMztimelord's wheel (which I cut myself and am certain is a standard SRT6 wheel)

the 2nd though 4th are Magredvet's ... pretty sure this was a standard SRT6 wheel as well)
One thing I forgot to mention in my PM to you, the two screws that hold the paddles down were too short. They held by less than 2 turns, the start of the hole for the thread is counter bored so you lose a good thread or so there. I found two and put those in instead. I had cleared the rear face out to bare steel so that was not the problem.

The paddles change the numbers in the window on the dash, so that all works.

It looks all neat and tidy, now I have to bend the stalk a bit, the 1/8" I moved the paddles back would not have altered this requirement for me.

I lost a file in the car somewhere, I think it may have fell through the hole for the gear shift unit.
I am not keen to take it all out to look, but it bugs me, so maybe I will sometime. Can it fall out on its own or can I reach from underneath?

Here is a picture of the LH paddle there is no gap under the lip as I think there would have been with the paddles .125/.205 further out. My paddles were set at a generous 2.625" not 2.75/2.83.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0300.jpg (1.43 MB, 69 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-25-2013 at 09:32 PM.