Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 392 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: Getting so much resistance from behind . . .

Not one to get into a pissin contest with anyone, I would think advising anyone making electrical changes/upgrades to cars involving close to maximum tolerances, to be aware a slightly higher value would be wise. That said, you can do anything you want with your car. I would like to think the next guy can be advised to be aware of alternatives when it comes to cheap resistors near their maximum design tolerances. Even 'higher end' components, no matter where you get them from, can be out of tolerance on the low end. This is why the band indicating the tolerance is added during manufacturing. Old saying 'trust but verify' has me checking values as I install them. Most engineers design for the middle area of the scales (as in the 35-65% range of the device) for its intended function. On a final note, those quick splice connectors can wind up working loose during time. I have had a few of them in vehicles over the years wind up having to be replaced/reseated as the connection became intermittent. Good luck to everyone making the mod, it is good to have many options to upgrade our girls!