View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Drawbar
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Finally going to get a crossfire

I'd spend the$50 and try and get a carfax for starters. The price is nice, so he needs the money or it has issues. The cost to repair xfires can be expensive. Try to be objective when looking at the car. let him fire it up while you stand near the back to see if it puffs blue, although he may have warmed it up already. Get down and look at all the tires, especially for any unusual wear. That would mean costly suspension work. Check all fluids before he starts the car. When you drive it pay close attention to any unusual noises. These are generally very quiet cars. Take a nice long drive. Starting with around his place going up and down through the gears, then hit the highway. Its not an SRT so it should ride fairly nice over the bumps, and it should be SMOOTH. No steering wheel shimmies (front end work) no shimmies in your seat (tires or worse, frame damage) It should not pull to either side when you let go of the wheel briefly. Shifting is again, SMOOTH with these cars. Hopefully i'm not already in the blah blah blah and gone on too long I bought a 78 L82 when i was 20 (yep put work into it) so i know how you're feeling at 18 on this one. You want something your going to be happy with every time you sit in it. The previous posts about the headlights etc are definitely warning signs. Good luck, you will love these if its a good one. 2004 SSB 6spd Coupe