Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: 4 Eurocharged pulleys later and I'm still shredding belts. Help?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This is interesting, the pitch of the ribs on the belt are about .140", so if the ribs are out .085 then the tendency of the belt to want to jump is very strong. At the very least the ribs would get very hot and get destroyed.
It is critical that the back of the pulley bearing and the ribs keep the same dimensional relationship as the OEM pulley.

When copying the OEM pulley this relationship is vital.

Of course adding shims incorrectly will give the same result.
Agreed. I have not seen enough different Eurocharged SC pulleys to make a blanket assessment of this product line they offer AND having had great experiences with Eurocharged on other services, I hesitate to speculate. However, this particular eurocharged pulley (on God_Likes_Tebow's SRT-6) was not impressive. It did seem to be engaging (and dis-engaging) sufficiently ... but at the same time had a wobble to the pressure plate. While the engagement suggests the pulley was properly shimmed (for its current condition when I observed it), it did lead me to wonder what the original shim stack might have been intended to be (based on the manufacturer's curioous Pressure Plate spring selection).
But, the shim stack in this case did not seem to account for the .085" deviation on this pulley, so shimming would not seem to be sole culprit.
Chris

Last edited by latemodel21; 03-13-2013 at 02:38 PM.