View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
GrantB
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Screeching noise from Engine...

Well, One hundred 80....

What a lot of tosh.... haven't you got anything better to belly-ache about...

WHo actually cares about the totally wonderful punctuation, the precision of phrase etc...

Yes we know its an alternator belt/serpentine belt, and as I mentioned before NOT the pulleys as I changed bearings in everything - so maybe YOU kneed to learn to read, not just write ???

Any way, enough of this pedantic balony...

Many thanks to the guys here for good and educated suggestions and help with this noise...

I did identify a couple of new problems with the car - totally unrelated - like for example, I discovered I could actually BLOCK the two air ram-Tube intakes with my palms that feed the Engine cover / air filter box...... and air still gets to the engine ....
It's getting in there some how, need to check this out urgently now....

The SCREECHING noise.... turned out to be nothing mechanical or Air Induction related....

Actually a weld had fractured on the right had down-pipe support bracket under the drivers seat/footwell area, after the cats, but Before the 2 into 1 join of the Resonators...
The pipe's micro amount of movement rubbing against the bracket weld that broke was the sole culprit..

I checked a friends Xfire also this afternoon, and welds on both L & R brackets on his machine were cracked, but not broken thru, so maybe this is a point we all need to observe at some point.

A long spell unsupported could possibly result in Cat damage from fatigue - and a lot more expensive.

10 minutes with the mig welder tomorrow will have this fixed.

Many thanks guys for your input, as it helped nail the issue.

Reagrds
Grant B

Last edited by GrantB; 03-15-2013 at 04:36 PM.