Old 03-03-2006, 02:29 AM
pelked1
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lots&Lots of fast coupes in the near future!

SRT is great. It is quite a bit faster than the non-SRT. It sounds very much the same as the standard model, even though it has 1,115 more horsepower. You can faintly hear the whine of the supercharger when you give it 3/4 or so throttle and the rpms are above 2,500 - 3,000. Other than the barely perceptible whine, it sounds pretty much the same as the standard. That really surprised me. Same for the exhaust. Not very different in sound.

Engine is gem. I have driven many 300 - 350 hp small block Chevies in my past, and this motor feels just like a stout small block. Really cool.

Don't really like the auto, though. I have been driving it very conservatively (most of the time, at least), and now the trans thinks I am a grandma, and treats me accordingly. Shifts WAY too early in all gears. It is usually in 5th gear by around 40 mph. In fact, if you take off from a stop like most sane drivers, the rpm's do not rise above 2,000. And to add insult to injury, it will not downshift from any gear unless I have the pedal 3/4 of the way to the floor!

I will post more later in a new thread where I will compare and contrast my driving experience of SRT vs non-SRT. There is a lot to say.