Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM
rcompart
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Top Beeping even when up....

Originally Posted by XFireCrazy
I see noone ever responded to this message. I guess I am the only one that had this problem. lol

I went in to the dealer and had them change out the sensor shortyly after I posted that last message. The sensor is located in the top on the right side next to where the passenger's head would be in the folding frame. This fixed the issue for a while, but now it is back.

Any time I hit a bump it triggers the beeping again and it lasts for quite a while but then stops for no reason. Then when I slow down under 10 MPH it starts up again. Quite annoying to say the least. I am just glad that my radio is able to go louder than the beeping.

I am going to take it back into the dealer, but I still can't help wondering if there is some kind of conflct going on with the one touch switch.

Anyone else had this issue with their top beeping?

Thanks,
Xfire
I'm sorry for not seeing this sooner. If you're only getting the beeping while the top is up and not down, it's because one of the limit switches isn't being actuated correctly making the car think that the top is not properly latched. You'll want to have the dealer look for something going on with the latch by the windshield.

As for the Quick Touch Top conflicting with the car, if it's not operating, it's like a regular switch that is not being operated.

Take care