Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 AM
ala_xfire
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Mechanical/Transmission Poss Issues/NIGHTMARE time trying to find issue! HELP!

Originally Posted by jtaylortech3
Really, are you certain on that as thought it had to be programmed to the VIN number? I know that was definitely the case on my friends car, that's not a crossfire thou. Sorry to be pain asking but I have been hugely made to believe that it needed programming and as I mentioned in my first post the local garage that had the car for a very long time (to say the least), "supposedly fixed this abs control module" and they then spend forever trying to have someone programme that part! So if that was all rubbish....well not even words for that!

But hope your right as this could make life a lot easier and if I could just buy one from wrecked car/savage yard (which would save a hell of a lot on the part I am guessing) and fit it easy then that would probably be better option than paying around 900quid to chrysler for the new part.

When you say plug and play is it simply to install it then? keep in mind I know very little about cars, wish I knew more but not going to lie!
Here is the ABS module replacement procedure from the service manual : see anything about programming ????
( personally, I would first remove and inspect the ABS connection harness, then re-seat it. Sounds like connection problems to me )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Capture.JPG (103.9 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by ala_xfire; 06-02-2013 at 08:04 AM.