Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 PM
KDW4Him
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Unhappy ABS Light & BAS/ESP Light & spoiler stuck up & top will not go up

Hello everyone, I have searched the boards and have not found the same combination of symptoms as mine has. ABS Light & BAS/ESP Light & spoiler stuck up & top will not go up.

1) I am not fully suspecting ABS issues because the lights & spoiler issue happened just after the car was started. From what I read the ABS tests itself at 12 MPH so even if it were a bad wheel sensor I wasn't moving yet so the test did not happen.

2) Maybe a non responsive wheel sensor at start-up can cause the ABS light on when not moving yet.

3) I am not suspecting the BAS/ESP system being the initial cause because the car can be driven at full speed. The manual says there may be limited engine power if this system malfunctions. Manual does say this system is automatically disabled if the ABS faults.

4) It appears the BAS/ESP can cause the spoiler to stay up.

5) The top was down when all of this happened and it would not go up via the switch. Top was no brainer just put it up manually.

6) I have tried the Synchronizing ESP turn left & right procedure. No fix.

7) I don't suspect low battery voltage, the battery is new and measures 14.2 running/13.2 car off.

8) The roof, BAS/ESP, ABS and spoiler fuses all good.

9) I don't suspect a spoiler position sensor.

10) I see where the transmission control module senses some BAS/ESP functions.

11) Driving the care a few times has not cleared the lights nor has disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

12) None of the switches that control the traction control or spoiler work the item.

Do any of you see the connection between all of these items? #2 seems to make the most sense but I am not familiar with the system nor have I found a thread with these exact symptoms. Maybe something in the dash supplying power to the switches?