View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Ian Michaels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rear window detachment -tsb 23-035-11

I am copying a response from another member. My problem continues. It's just the list of people who turn me down continues to grow. Please review the enclosed and write if you have questions. Maybe this will work, maybe not. They've had enough bad press already, a little more that poses a bodily injury threat might help. God forbid someone is killed or maimed by a flying sheet of glass. The punitive damages alone will be enough to put Chrysler out of business. I think it would also be very helpful if we had a count of vehicles involved. Something I can represent as potential plaintiffs in a class actiion.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I have been slugging it out with Chrysler to the point of an increase in my blood pressure. What I thought was a positive outcome, turned into an unmitigated disaster.. The Customer Assist robot told me to take the car to the dealer to get it assessed. He had turned me down numerous times so I thought that this was a new development. Turned out, same old, same old. The dealer took some photos then they turned me down. This is the dealer that originally sold the car. You cannot get anyone in management at headquarters on the phone. They have devised a system where everything is handled through an internal e mail system. Nobody comes to the phone. Pretty clever. Maybe it works in Italy. Anyhow, after the Service Manage promised me he would call me back tomorrow and try a few more things, he didn't return the call at all. I left messages and no return phone call. I called him awhile ago and unloaded on him.

The important thing, I think, is not to move forward with litigation. Unless something really stupid happens wear a sheet of glass kills or maims someone, it's an expensive proposition. I have been educated as a lawyer but chose real estate so never practiced. I have been referred from one attorney to another seeking someone who might take the case.

The better thing, I think, is the media. Living in Los Angeles all my life, I have a few connections that might get this story on the local news. Perhaps humiliating and embarrasing the bastards might work. It will surely bring bad press to Chrysler which is trying to stay afloat. They have serious recalls with Jeeps and other cars. Engine fire and stuff like that. Perhaps the story gets picked up and makes national news. I am suggesting that everyone contact their local news station's investigative reporter. I will attach the e mail I sent in case you want to use some of it. If complaints come from all over the country they will surely take some action. Plus all of the documentation we all have is damning.

When I hear from a local investigative reporter, I will let you guys know. If a story is generated, I would like to have at least 20 cars in LA for the shoot. Please advise if you can participate.

I will keep everyone posted. Write if you have questions.

I have told Chrysler in no uncertain terms that this will not stand. They don't know who they're fooling with.

Ian