Old 06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
RL67037
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rusty wheel arches - repair or time for new car?

Originally Posted by tiochta
Had my Crossfire for the last 4 to 5 years. Its done less than 70,000 and never had any real problems with it ( broken stereo / dead battery in alarm siren screwing up the alarm system & car thief putting a screw driver through the door lock) Just taken the spring out of the cup holder to stop it jabbing me in the elbow which I wish I had done all those years ago. Think im just slightly bored of it so the real question is : Is the srt-6 that much different / better to justify me spending an extra £7000 on one. Wonder how many red convertible srt-6 are in the UK?
If you've never driven an SRT, you might want to take one for a test drive. Yes, they are faster than the N/As but they also have a stiffer supension, so depending on the roads in your area, it could be an uncomfortable ride. I test drove an N/A first and bought the SRT once I gave it a test drive. Since it wasn't my daily driver, I could put up with the suspension in order to get the power - worth the trade off to me.

When you say "an extra 7000 euro", do you mean to take the money you will get from your N/A and put an extra 7000 with it to buy an SRT? If so, that seems a bit steep to me. Now, if you are saying you can pick up an SRT convertible right hand drive for 7000 euro, that doesn't sound too bad if the car has been well taken care of.

RL