View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Kustomiza
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ESP Light on with C1160 fault code

Yep, is it a combined warning light or two seperate ones as mine looks like its combined together BAS/ABS its on the right side of the gauges in that dull black small section. If I was to sort the problem would the light go out or would it need re-setting at the garage? I did check the battery voltage with a little tester I have, the car had been stood for a few days after this problem and I tested the battery cold and on a level of 1)low 2)ok but still low 3)excellent it came out as 2)ok but still low, I then started up the car for a bit, turned it off and put the headlights on for a couple of minutes which it states to do to get a proper reading, then tested it again and it showed up as 3)excellent. But I am wondering if it could be the battery as it was stood a long time and I do tend to have a problem with my cars and there batteries as its stood for quite a while sometimes. So if it was the battery and I changed it would the light go out? Also if my cheapy OBD2 reader isn't finding any fault codes could it be that there just aren't any? But how would the garage put the light out on the dash? Don't know if to take it back to the garage to put it on the diagnostics again for £45 hoping its now sorted. Buy another battery for £100 and hope this sorts it or buy a yaw sensor for £££???