View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 12:04 PM
taketezy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: brake light fuse keeps blowing

Thank you all for the input. The reason for this long text is to document everything for the next person who has this problem, as I must agree with other comments that not enough post do this.

So far I have unclipped every connecter I could find on and between the brake booster and the tail lights with the exception of the high center light. (can someone share how to remove the trunk lid lining here as I can only find one screw here, no clip covers or other areas of entry. It is a solid plastic piece and I am hesitant to start prying and puling on it.) I worked them back on forth on the pins encase of corrosion. Pulled the bulbs and resat them. Once it became dark so I could see the brake lights, only myself working on this, I put a new fuse in and the brake lights worked once I depressed the bake peddle; the dash warning light went out. I depressed the peddle a number of times and no blown fuse. At this time I had company stop by, the end of my testing for the evening.

I will pull the bulbs again to make sure they are the correct ones. (OH, side note the blinkers really are just blubs with orange coating on them. Can I buy orange bubs, not orange coated bulbs as I should replace these since the coating is pealing?) then I will drive the car around and see how long the fuse last dependent on that outcome I will move on to the relay, thank you for clearing that up for me.

This will take a few days as for obvious I can only see the brake lights at night. I will post once I have more input to share.