Old 07-21-2013, 05:11 PM
onehundred80
Received 579 Likes on 482 Posts
Default Re: help! double wrench -500 symbol on instrument panel

Originally Posted by hooves10
I have a 2004 crossfire with 48, 000 miles. My problem first started with the security alarm randomly going off when no one was near the car or the keys, like at night when it was parked in the garage. The only way I could stop it was by taking the fuse out. I put the fuse back in and contined to have the problem. Then the car did not want to start. It makes a loud roaring noise in engine area but never tries to turn over or start. Usually i could disconnect the battery for a little bit then it would be fine. Last week I was driving down the highway and the car shut off! It will not start and a double wrench -500 symbol flashes on my instrument panel. I just bought the car a couple of months ago. It was my dream car but quickly became nightmare. Can someone please help as I do not know much about cars but I do know this isnt normal. Thank you for your time and attention in this matter!
I like your terms, roaring noise in engine area. Do you live in Africa? If so - start running.

Joking aside, 'never tries to turn over or start' to me means the engine does not move at all, correct?
If so it may be a simple fix of the RCM.

What makes the roaring noise, we'll skip an angry lion. Starter motor?
Without an accurate description of the problem it is hard to diagnose a problem.