View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:16 PM
amx1397
Received 203 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Re: Potential Differentials

you can run any differential ratio you want, as long as you can get the differential to fit in the back of the car, and get someone to reprogram your TCM to that gear ratio. For example:if you have an SRT 6, which is a 3.07 factory gear ratio, and you want to use the Limited differential which has a 3.27 gear ratio and other than the yoke is an easy swap,( meaning you Have to use the SRt 6 yoke)
now for real change you can remove the differential,remove the axles remove the hubs, respline the hubs to fit the axles from a SRT 8 Challenger, and the rear suspension housing, drill a hole about 1 1/4 inches in diameter, get the aluminum Differential mounting plate from the Dodge charger,have the axles cut approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inch each, now installed axles in the diff. and the hubs, both everything up, send your TCM,,,There is only two companies that can reprogram your TCM so that it works flawlessly and they are,,, speedriven In Chicago Illinois,or J S Benz in Miami Florida, have them reprogram your TCM 391 gears,,,,that's right I said 391 gears , my next differential, if and when I break this one will be a Ford 9 inch,
any gear ratio will work as long as you have the TCM program for it.

how's that for new information jim

;

The following users liked this post:
Danman_81 (02-17-2021)