View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 06:10 AM
bobs
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Goodbye Crossfire Hello Solstice GXP

Actually no, I won't be pissed. I bought (and accept) my Crossfire for what it is: a classy, sporty, cool car that you won't see on every street corner. While the performance isn't quite on par with some of the new-age muscle cars, the Crossfire does everything I ask of it without complaining. The car is plenty fast for what I use it for, which is just about everything. It has the right mix performance, luxury, and class that I was looking for. So basically what I'm saying is that I'm very happy with my decision to buy a Crossfire.

The Solstice, I'm afraid, is going to wind-up like the new Mustang -- Everybody and their brother is going to have one. They will become ubiquitous, and once the "tuner" community gets hold of them, damn near every one of them will become a gaudily-painted, boy-racer, boom car with a 6-inch tach and gauge pods on the A-pillar. That's not for me.

If you're going to start racing a Solstice I'll wish you good luck. But if you're looking for some real motorized fun, forget the car and get yourself a Honda RC-51, Ducati 999, or a Suzuki GSX-R 1000. You haven't lived until you've taken a sweeper at 100+ mph with one knee dragging the ground!