View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:53 PM
gompang
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default intermittent very hard start.

Hi everyone,
I had bought a 2004 crossfire convertible beginning of this year.
suddenly couple of month ago the car stalled in motorway.. (pretty bad especially in traffic jam.) it started after couple of tries of starting it came back and I could finish my trip to work.
But on the way back home I ended up having to tow it home when it stopped again and this time I could not start it again.
so I check the forum and it seemed like everything was pointing to the crank shaft position sensor so I swapped it out.

After that I found that the car was better but suddenly it started having a very hard starting issue.. intermittently. at this point the check engine light came back on and I swapped out the cam shaft sensor as well.

the car seemed to be the same still having to crank 3 to 6 times to have it started on a good day it will start in one go. but the check engine light went away,

as some threads were mentioning issues with better start during cold or hot.. I don't think mine is like this. I feel that the weather is no factor in my case.

Also I checked the RCM welding issue as well... welding seemed fine. no issue there.

once the car starts, it goes beautifully... Now it occurred to me if it's spark or fuel delivery.... I heard there were 12 spark plugs for this engine.. what happens one of the spark of 2 plug fail to the cylinder?
I'm no mechanic but unless the crank and cam sensors have failed again already... it feels there are no issues.. unless its the circuit as some threads mentions..

I don't know what to do...
In short currently car runs and goes like dream when it starts.. but very hard to start and seems this hard starting happens randomly...as sometimes it will start 3 times consecutively without hesitation.. sometimes it will start straight away but when I turn it off and try to restart it, it won't start and possibly need to turn the key 5 to 6 times in order to start it..

please HELP!