View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 05:55 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Goodbye Crossfire Hello Solstice GXP

Originally Posted by andrew

what a great set up this would be... and a creative detailed/designed photo. very cool indeed.
It's a shame, we did detailed engineering drawings of the interior of the Dodge Sprinter tow vehicle which would have the rear 3rd of the van with custom work bench, storage compartments and tool chest as well as a small compressor and generator. The middle 3rd was going to be a small tricked-out lounge area with an LCD flat screen monitor that tied into an in-car data acquisition system that would have been integrated into the Crossfire. And of course the all important BEER fridge.

As you can see, we opted for the SRT6 because I finally found a manufacturer who can install a manual transmission in the car at half the price of a Renntech SC modification on the Limited.

This was only a pitch to DC and their marketing department, obviously they are not thinking along the same lines, they just want to get rid of their inventory with no muss or fuss. That is obvious from their lack of advertisement and promotion of the vehicle. Based on my extensive correspondence with them, they seem to have given-up on the Crossfire and are concentrating their efforts elsewhere.

Rumor has it that they have 20,000 units in the U.S. unsold from the '04' - '05 inventory. And who knows how many from the '06 allocation. I would rather work with Mark Hans-Richer of GM, at least he has foresight and a grasp of what promotion will help sell a vehicle and catapult it to cult status.

Last edited by HDDP; 03-25-2006 at 06:08 PM.