Thread: Quiet tires
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Thomas B. Whyle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quiet tires

I'm on my third set of tires on the SRT: First set, Michelin PS2's - okay when new, downright dangerous when worn (smooth at 14,000 miles.) Second set, General Exclaim uhp's - rode a little softer, did not handle as well, and became very loud as they became worn (smooth at 17,000 miles.) Just had Kumho Ecsta 4x's installed a couple of months ago: I have to tell you, I much prefer these to the first two sets. Handling is not quite as intense as the PS2's, but certainly acceptable ( I do not think you could make this car handle poorly.) The improvement in ride is amazing, the sharp kicks from poor pavement are gone, and highway comfort is much improved. So far, they are VERY quiet; we will see as they wear if they remain so. Granted I have less than a thousand miles on them, but I am inclined to observe that the Kumhos are as good as one will find in an all-purpose tire ( they're even rated for light snow - ultra high performance all season). I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and it is a comfort to know that I can take the car out in an emergency in the winter if I have to. TBW