View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM
RL67037
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SRT-6 Differential (Carrier Assy)

Originally Posted by amx1397

I also have a stock srt rear end(Diff) that that i want to sell ,,$599.00, + shipping.

'04's had a different axle and it was not used after 04 so none of the SRT's had that rear. diamler/chrysler changed to a one peace axle if there were any 04 rears left over they would have used them in the 05 limited cars . jim
Thanks Jim - that was the info I was looking for - just some reassurance that if I get a used / salvage rear end from an SRT, I most likely will not get a hold over from the problematic '04 units.

Picking up your differential for that price would be a great deal from what I am finding for used, but this is being repaired under warranty (via AUL Warranty) so they have places they deal with to get used parts.

I have located a differential from Weaver Auto for $1180 shipped to my door and I will deliver it to the dealer to have them install it. Weaver lists the part as having 60K on it and it came from VIN 1C3AN79NX5X047679. So, if there are any members out there that have access to unlimited CarFax reports, if you could run that VIN and see if the car really had around 60K on it when it was dismantled, I surely would appreciate it

DTMenace - you might update the SRT registry to that VIN as being a donor car now.

Thanks all for the input

RL