View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 PM
xjken
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Won a couple this summer

I did not buy the Crossfire to be a show car but, that does not mean I can't take it shows. I entered the car in 6 shows this summer and won two awards a Top 20 and a 2nd place in a late model class. It's always fun to win but, my brother and I have been doing this together with numerous cars for 32 years now. This year the Crossfire became the eighth different car that I have shown and won an award with over the years. With the exception of the Daytona and now the Crossfire the others have been daily drivers. I was hoping to get to one more show this weekend but, it looks like heavy rain tonight and tomorrow.

The biggest change we have seen in that time is the number of new cars that enter now a days. When I bought my Daytona Turbo Z I started taking it to any show that allowed it. Back then a lot of shows would not allow anything built after 1972 or so. While I sometime get tired of all the late model Stangs I think it's great that most shows allow newer cars today. I never understood how the age of your car determined the passion someone had for cars or the hobby in general.

103_0992_zpsfea2e246.jpg

Last edited by xjken; 10-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.