Old 10-15-2013, 09:06 PM
grip grip
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New gearing in my SRT6 - from 3.07 to 3.27 - Success!

Steve came over today and we had the new differential and Accelerated Industries (Rudy) TCU installed in less than an hour! Bam!! I guess we've had way too much experience swapping them out.

I've got to all the carrier 200 miles of break-in before I start destroying it, and I intend to give it the full amount. So far it's working without any CEL's and feel's very strong and shifts firmer. I ran it up to 80mph today, and the car showed no ill-effects from the change.

I'm really liking the TCU tune that Rudy supplied along with the gear-change modification. It seems to be shifting firmer and quicker, and I don't have an issue with that. I'll give it a real test in a couple weeks with a small 125 shot of nitrous.

For those that are scratching their heads:

- Crossfire SRT6 = 3.07 gearing stock (very expensive to replace)
- Crossfire NA = 3.27 gearing stock (very inexpensive and readily available)

I had my Wavetrac from my 3.07 installed into a 3.27 carrier with the 3.07 (SRT6) Yoke. This is important, since the Yokes are different between the two.

Rudy supplied the reprogrammed TCU, and it's functioned perfectly so far. Will this make the car any faster, I don't know. I think it will. At a minimum, I can now get inexpensive ring and pinions from a NA Crossfire for cheap whenever I kill another one. This alone will pay for the swap in a year or two if I keep destroying them.

Big thanks to the following:

- 32krazy! (Steve) for helping me for the 5th or 6th time either removing or installing a carrier. (Steve moved to first at his request)
- AMX1397 (Jim) for pushing me to do the gear change and advising me to swap the yokes out.
- rcompart (Rudy) for the modified and tuned TCU

Last edited by grip grip; 10-16-2013 at 02:45 PM.