Old 04-04-2006, 01:41 PM
BRappaport
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Re: Chirp Alarm Programming...real or fiction?

Hello everyone...this is really frustrating...I had already taken that code for the "Netherlands" settings that Steffen published to both dealers and they tried everything with the OBDIII programmer...but still could not find that code. The OBD tool had a separate memory card for Crossfires as well as a translator box...but was still unsuccessful.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has had this done...or did anyone who bought a crossfire have the "Chirp" feature active when they purchased the car?

I also called Chrysler customer service...and they had no clue...and said that the dealer should know...please work thru the dealer...I replied..."I did...That's why I'm calling you". He chuckled...and said..."Sorry...we dont make crossfires...we only sale them". I held my composure and said...Thanks

Just a thought...Maybe...this forum can hire a MB technician to consult with and train the Chrysler dealer technicians.

Obviously...this is a minor problem compared to some of the Horror stories I've read about on this forum.

By the way...Mercedes was rated the "worst" quality of all the car manufactures. I was really surprised to read that statistic...I knew they were not in the top 25% with the Japanese car makers...but last place was a big surprise!

Maybe an extended Warranty is a good idea.

Just remember...I love my Crossfire!...Its a keeper!

Comments?...Thanks