Old 10-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Holycrap
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50k mile Performance Suspension Upgrade. Need Input

I have been autocrossing my 2011 Civic Si coupe several months now and have absolutely fallen in love with the sport. I hate to admit it but the original plan was to sell the Srt-6 and get an AP2 S2000. However after getting an alignment and driving it around a bit more aggressively I have been impressed by the crossfires handling characteristics, although I still hate that it feels big, and heavy even though its not.The steering has some slop and is slow but once you get passed all of that the car is quite the performer.

I have been looking at starting off with the following relatively simple setup; Koni adjustsble yellow sport shocks, cut srt-6 springs, camber bolts for the front and 18x9.5 or 18x10 wheels( I cannot find a low offset light weight wheel that's reasonably priced in our bolt pattern) and Dunlop star specs.

Should I get a new set of my oem springs or keep them even though they have 50k miles and will be cut about 3/4 coil? Is there a better shock option out there? What sway bars is everyone running? Any other parts/mods I should consider?