Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 PM
FUBU
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help, what to say to the mechanics at the garage?

thanks for reply.

So let us see.Answers in red.

"Are you certain about that power steering leak? It may be motor oil."

Well I am not 100% sure but I have resealed the valvecovers and new gaskets and that black goo.
It may be that it is coming from the powersteering reservoir.

"Regarding that leak and most others; More often than not it is simply valve covers and or breather covers that weep and make their way down to the other areas. Have you resealed those before?"

Yes and painted them wrinkle red to match the seatbelts

" I wouldn't tell your mechanic anything until you were certain where the leak was coming from. And you may choose to fix it yourself if it turns out to be an easy one. Perhaps spray down and clean thoroughly, then take for a good long run, and inspect again to find the source or sources."

Okay, thanks will do. Though spot to reach though.

"Are you leaking trans fluid? Have you done the transmission plug repair that Waldig did a D.I.Y. on?"

No trans fluid leakage. I have changed that plug earlier. yes, great DIY. Was a ***** to get it back in though.

"Pull that rubber weep/inspection cover off the bottom of trans. and rub your finger around in there."

What inspection cover is that? got any photos of it?

" The noise is hard to tell. I'd guess exhaust or heat shield related. Does it go away at higher speeds or get progressively worse?"

It goes away when I rev I think...

I was just out for a spin and the noise seem to be coming from the box where you take out the bolt when you empty the engine oil.