View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
onehundred80
Received 550 Likes on 462 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire shut down while driving

Originally Posted by gtjl
I was driving on the highway at 70mph and my car shut down, then really hot air came thru the AC, thank God there was not too much traffic. I stopped on the shoulder and I started immediately.

I didn't get any alarm light on at any time :S a mechanic has checked my car and he said that I need to replace the air pump, he said there's no air circulating... the costs to replace this are $1500.

I might take my car to a different place for a second opinion just in case but do you guys think this might have been the cause?

thank you
No, definitely not. Do not go to that mechanic ever again as he will take you for all of the money he can get.

It is probably the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) or the Relay Control Module (RCM). They cause this problem.

If the engine turns over but will not start it will be the CPS.

If the car does not turn over, that is the starter motor does not move, the it is the RCM.

It could be something else though, so get the engines trouble codes read and report back here.

I cannot see the connection with the AC except it quit working for a moment. How hot was the hot air. Where do you live, Death Valley? (joke)

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.