Old 11-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Kolme
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Possible SKREEM module.. cont. from another thread

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
I'm not an expert by any means. There's a lot of "gurus' on this forum, but I have learned that ANY malfunction in the very sophisticated alarm system we have. tells the computer and sensors that the car is either insecure, or trying to be stolen. In this case, the car can stop running. Not being an exoert in which comes first and what leads to what, my suggestion is to pull the cowl by removing the wipers and taking out the 7 torx screw, and unplug the siren. There is a connector under the cowl for the heated washers, and the bracket for the siren needs to be taken off to get to the plug. Just sayin, but worth a try. It seems that the siren goes before most other things, at about the 8 to 10 year mark. There are unreplaceable, rechargeable batteries in the siren that corrode and fail. I did mine, and replaced it, with no more problems
A siren failure very often results in the siren going off either while driving or while parked. They usually are somewhat sporadic and the sounds themselves can be skewed, sounding something like a dying animal at times (mine did). They can or cannot be accompanied by flashing lights as seen when using panic button on a remote. He doesnt really have any of these issues so I'm not sure I would point toward the siren (which you might have been confusing with the SKREEM module which is located in the dash and not the cowl, deff an easy mistake given the name of the module). But perhaps someone else has had experience regarding the SKREEM malfunctioning as a result of the siren?? (i havent heard of it yet, and getting off those wiper arms is TERRIBLE)

The more and more updates I see, the more I feel that this is very likely the previously mentioned SKREEM module (Especially after troubleshooting). As for that "Tip #3", the original poster claimed he disconnected and reconnected the battery and skreem 12x. However, his case was a bit different from yours in that his SKREEM symptoms began when he attempted to reconnect his car back to a battery after disconnecting it for a very long time (months i think). So his problem may have been atypical.

Im curious about your idea for removing residual battery power. Im a bit worried it might not work since the skreem apparently has its own internal battery hiding somewhere, but it seems like a clever idea to atleast attempt (deff update with the results!!).

At this point though, if your current strategy doesnt pan out, I would prepare to get the car towed to the dealer (if they plan on charging you towing, you might consider getting a uhaul car transporter and hauling your crossfire with your truck if you own one). I too hate going to the dealer, but sometimes its the only place that can help.

Keep us updated and good luck!!

Kolme