View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 PM
cg80
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Longer seat belt receiver

Originally Posted by Padgett
This is certainly a strange car. Am a stocky 5'10" & like to drive lying down (40-45 degree seat tilt). In Pontiacs and Corvettes this meant almost all of the way back, full down, lotsa tilt, wheel vertical (full down).

Crossfire is different. Here in order to get comfortable I can't fit a roadster and in a coupe I have the seat what must be near full up to get the steering wheel right and the seat far enough back with needed rake - hits crossmember too soon when lower). Oddly enough this still has lots of headroom and A pillar vision block is minimized..

Which brings about a problem I've never had before: the seat belt receiver is so far down that it is hard to buckle the seatbelt and hence the question: "Does anyone know of a different car that has a longer console side seat belt receiver (2-3" more) and fits the stock harness ?

Since it is inertial reel, it does not matter that less door side harness is needed.

Worst case I'll just fabricate an extension out of aluminium plate, have done screwier things before..

Anyone else have this issue ?
Padgett: I had the same problem...I had the web site where I got the "extensions" but I have misplaced it...Try punching in "seat belt extensions". It should give you websites for this subject...mine cost approx. 25.00..