View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Padgett
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Tire size/Speedometer accuracy

Thought about that (biggest is the wired remote cable). Problem is that now that it is in it really does not want to come out again. Am going to wait for the SM CD to arrive so I can see how to remove the glove box. I am assuming that I can reach the back of the radio with it out.

Anyone purchasing I would advise against the remote mike. The internal mike should be fine and I have not found a good place to put the external one.

Besides the Clarion I needed the Metra 40-EU10 antenna adapter, Scosche VW01B Power/Speaker connector, and a pair of Porsche/VW/Mercedes radio removal keys, plus nine red crimp butt splices. (Probably better to trim to fit and solder but was lazy. In retrospect probably part of the congestion behind the radio).

I am very slow, ringing everything out and checking twice and took about three hours all told. Took almost as long to figure out how to set the clock (manual is available on line from Clarion).

Did print out all of the diagrams and cautions for reference. Does really being the electronics into this century.

Have shortened the tightening screw in picture & no longer blocks display.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
phoneabtright.jpg (38.5 KB, 9 views)