Thread: Top question
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 02:50 PM
lovecross
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Re: Top question

Originally Posted by xjken
I purchased my base '05 XF last February. According to the Carfax the car was originally delivered in Florida and spent it's first two years there before coming to the Cincinnati area. With all the talk and treads here about the window failure in the '05 top I am curious if there is a way to tell an original top from the redesigned replacement top. My car had 36,000+ when I purchased it and the top looks almost new, the rear window appears to be very secure. It has me wondering if the top has been replaced at some point and if there is a way to tell just by looking at it.
Our replacement, done by local independent shop, ($2400 w/ new fabric "stays"), appears to be like original, although we were told it is aftermarket.
Like Padget said: dealer records would show if they did it. If they did not, you should have about 1 year left under their 10yr/100,000 mi Warranty Extension for 2005's first sold in the "right" places, no matter where it went to after that, if or when it fails. Ref: Service Bulletin 23-035-11 Rev A.
"Chrysler Cares" is certainly an oxymoron, especially for all of the original buyers like us, who purchased our beautiful cars in the WRONG locations!?!
Chrysler intentionally turned us away for life, over a relatively small $ amount & we were even willing to pay a reasonable co-pay! We will not hesitate to share this most unpleasant experience with other folks' for years to come!