Thread: Won't Start
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Padgett
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Won't Start

First thing I'd put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and watch while trying to start.

Back in the day cars had two circuits for ignition, a normal "run" circuit often through a ballast resistor and a direct connection to give max voltage when starting. If the resistive line went bad it would spin on the starter and start to catch but quit as soon as you backed off the key. The Crossifire has a Pulse module that turns off the starter circuit when the engine starts.

So please be very precise about what is happening. Do you feel it try to start every time or just some of the time ?

If it quits entirely after a number of tries I would strongly suspect that the computer decided to quit attempting (why removing the battery reset) and if so I would expect there to be a trouble code set.

(By now I would expect that everyone posting has a way to read trouble codes since you problable can have for $20 and worst case $70 (Ultraguage) though good but old Android tablets with Bluetooth and access to the play store or an older Windows XP laptop are a dime a dozen these days).