Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Big Daddy
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Alabaster with Cedar and stick with 53,000 miles for $6200 Cert & Etest

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I bought my SRT6 in Florida 4 years ago, private sale so no need to pay state taxes or get a temporary tag. I e-mailed my insurance broker a copy of the title and receipt and it was covered n/c for my drive home. When I arrived at the boarder, US customs checked the VIN and Canada Customs, just checked the paper work, didn't come out of the building to check the car.
-State tax requires they get paid so you have NO CHOICE but to pay at the Dept of Motorized Vehicles at the time of getting the title.
-As far as you mentioning getting "tags" you don't get any! you must get "temporary license pates" to be able to drive the car home (get these at the DMV at the same time of registering the car/title and paying state taxes
-As for the border, at the time you arrive at the US border they will be checking the cars VIN, why they did not on your car is strange as this is the last chance they have to verify the car matches what you are ACTUALLY exporting. So if you are buying a US car NOW, this is the process today.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 01-28-2014 at 08:02 AM.