Old 02-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Stormin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Possible SKREEM module.. cont. from another thread

Originally Posted by NPB CROSSFIRE
Just replaced Skreem module in my 05 SRT-6. Hope this info helps somebody. My car would not start after work, very rainy day just would crank for half a second then nothing all dash lights on. Checked RCM Module and replaced because relay points were really burnt. Still no Start. Then checked lock module in back to find about 3 in of water back there. Found used one for cheap. Still no start. Also tried the battery charger with ignition on thing. So tried to buy Skreem module Its Siemens 1708201826 its part behind dash. Mercedes wanted about $400 Chrysler $900 so tried all my Mercedes dealers and a few mail order places and they will only sell for a Mercedes. Would not sell to me. When looked up on Chrysler Web sights There is part No 5099540AA $900 AND 5099541AA $140 Door lock Module, but they are both the same part in the diagram. Then I saw AUTUMNMASS REPLY with the part No.541AA fix his car. THANKS. So I called a Chrysler Mail Order house and asked if the cheaper one is a reconditioned module. He said yes but didn"t really sound sure. He asked my Vin No. then told me it would work, but couldn't sell it because anti theft devise. Any how ordered from Factory OEM Parts in Tampa Florida. They asked Vin and Mileage then sent it.$145 Its the SIEMENS 1708201826 Plugged it in and car started. YEA. A Mercedes mechanic told me to turn to On then wait few seconds to program itself before engaging starter. Then had to program key to unlock doors. So it back on the road now.

Sorry to question you about this.....did it plug in behind the dash....or inside the door?There was no programing of the module necessary?This a little confusing from the other postings. Thanks,Norm.