Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 AM
autumnmass
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Possible SKREEM module.. cont. from another thread

Update 11/28/14 I went out to start my 200 Roadste on Tuesday of this week, 13K miles and experienced the same problem as before in November 2013: lights, horn, everything working but when turn key no sound (almost like key not being recognized. I had the dealer replace the door lock module in November 2013 -- could the module go bad in this short time frame (don't drive car very often). I did notice a whinning sound (skretching coming from behind the vents over the radio) when I turned the key to ON position. Never heard the whinning sound when I originally bought the car. Not sure what part would be located in this area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Update2/20/14: The Part #5099541AA was installed and seems to have solved my problem. I was wondering if Chrysler dealer is writing the wrong part # on the invoice. I would be interested in the outcome and what is the correct Chrysler part #.

[QUOTE=autumnmass;768002]Update 11/21/13. Picked up my car yesterday from dealership, slip states that no start was caused by internal SKREEM error, Part #5099541AA door lock module, which was covered under warranty. However can't believe that dealership quoted me $750-$800 to fix w/o warranty. I had to argue w/them to have part covered. Noticed that TPMS light came on while driving it home, but suspect that is due to cold weather and tires probably need more air. Just wanted to update everyone in case you have similiar problems with car not starting (no crank). Thanks everyone for all your help.

Last edited by autumnmass; 11-28-2014 at 09:02 AM.