Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
g3air
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem

All went well (I thought) with the pump etc, but no joy on trying it out. The windows went down, but then there was hydraulic pump noise I associated with the bow latch operating and then no further progress was noted. If anything, I would say the latch was trying to close further rather than open, but it is not possible to observe the latch when it is operating. I re-verified that I had connected the hydraulic lines to the proper fittings on that latch and loosened and re-tightened its mounting and tried once more with the same result. I turned all off and manually operated the top, but I forgot to relieve the hydraulic pressure, and that is where I believe I snapped the cable which operates the left side small rotating wing on the tonneau cover.

I guess this may be one reason why it's smart to pay the high prices of dealer service. I am not happpy with myself at the moment. I will review all my work again tomorrow. I am a sad panda. I just don't feel up to posting pictures right now.

I could not find out anything in the service manual about the cable that I destroyed. It is not the top cover cable. Any hints would be appreciated as to where I could look.

EDIT 12 March: it turns out the damage to the cable was not so awful, thank goodness...

Last edited by g3air; 03-12-2014 at 05:27 PM.