View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM
muntjac13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess another Top Issue

Hello Forums, My name is Peter and I've just acquired a crossfire roadster with a few issues for quite a deal and I'm currently stuck in troubleshooting the issue. Right now, the vertical top will not function at all. Like, when I press the top down button and whatnot it does not work. It basically just gives me that "something is wrong" beep. I've already checked the divider sensor and whatnot and they all check out. Then when I got the car, I was able to put the top down manually using the tools provided, and then when the top was down, I tried raising the top up and same issue. Nothing happened and it started beeping right away. Now, I then tried to put the top back up and it seemed like there was some pressure in the lines and prevented me from being able to pull the top back up all the way. I did a quick search online and found out a way to depressurize the hydraulics and it worked and I'm able to work the top manually. So me and my dad took out the control unit and tried to jump the motor by hooking it up to a battery and I didn't hear the motor turn or work. I just want to know if I troubleshooted this this correctly and if I did, would that mean the motor is bad and I have to get it sent out? Any insight for this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time