View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 04:13 PM
HOT FIYA
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New guy from Northern VA!

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on here for a while and decided to finally go ahead and make an account/introduce myself.

I'm Josh, I live in Northern VA (Haymarket) and I recently just picked up a black '05 SRT-6. Back around November of last year I decided to put my previous car up for sale ('05 Mazdaspeed Miata) and ultimately wanted to find a black SRT-6 with under 50k on it. I've always liked SRT-6's (mainly due to how rare they are and how so few people realize their performance potential) and I decided that I had began "outgrowing" the Miata and wanted something a little bit more grown up and sophisticated without sacrifising RWD/boost that I had grown to love with owning the Miata for the last four years. Needless to say, the SRT-6 hit all the right sweet spots and was well within my price range so I quickly decided it was a no brainer. I sold the Miata about two months ago and started the hunt. I actually lucked out because I found one for sale fitting that criteria that was only about 25 miles away. Black and only had 42,xxx miles on it......I was sold.

Now......a 9 year old black car typically comes with it's fair share of "character" and this car was no exception. The clearcoat was kind of rough, it had quite a few mild surface scratches, swirl marks galore and a few dents/dings here and there. But it only had 42k on it and was already equipped with a Needswings CAI (single), Eurocharged Performance ECU/TCU tunes, a Sprintbooster and 6K HID's - all things that were on my 'to-buy' list anways - so I decided that the pros outweighed the cons. Since picking the car up I have had paintless dent removal on the 3 dents and it's currently having a one-stage paint correction performed along with a full exterior/engine bay detail and having the rock chips fixed using the Dr. Colorchip system. The place that is detailing it is also tinting my windows (35% all around). Since I am doing somewhat of a "refresh" on the car I also decided to order new OEM Chrysler badges for the front grill/rear hatch to replace the heavily faded ones that came on the car (I prefer the OEM Chrysler badges over the aftermarket overlays) as well as a new passenger-side side louver since it had an unsightly gouge in it. I've also read-up on how the headliners in these cars begin to sag over time and my car was a victim of this as well. The previous owner had used a few brass push pins here and there to re-pin it, and mostly in areas that they are decently well hidden. However, being the perfectionist I am I decided to remove them and re-glue it using headliner adhesive I picked up at Advanced Auto Parts. But this is only temporary as I am having a local upholstery shop do my headliner, a-pllars & c-illars in black microsuede sometime within the next week or so as I think the OEM light gray somewhat clashes with the dash/seats. Beyond that I have already ordered KW Variant 2 coilovers (I have a connection through a local car club so I paid well under the $2,200 they normally retail for) and will be ordering the Megan M-RS muffler and new wheels later this week. One of my best friends welds and does exhaust fab work on the side so he is going to do my exhaust for me for free in my garage, I just have to pay for the material.......and thankfully the Pep Boys down the street carries Vibrant piping/exhaust components. As for the wheels.....just wait and see, I can't spoil everything just yet!

As for pictures.......i'll upload some pictures once I pick the car up this week from the detailer and should hopefully have some more pictures to accompamy this thread in a few weeks once the wheels and coilovers have been installed. You all know what a stock black Crossfire SRT-6 looks like anyways....lol.

Oh and my roomate is actually a technician for Mercedes Benz and he knows all the in's and out's of the R170 SLK chassis/engine so that's a perk too I suppose.

Anywho, thanks for reading! Sorry for the novel......i'm rather chatty.....lol.

Last edited by HOT FIYA; 03-17-2014 at 04:16 PM.