View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 11:11 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Willow Springs May 6th & 7th

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
This HDPE thing, is this the same thing as the Performance Driving Clinic that they offer in Buttonwillow? Was wondering if I can sign up for it, especially, with my situation of having a roadster.

I'll try to make it on Saturday. Not sure what time i'll be there, not a morning person at all. Though, if someone else wants to make the drive/caravan with me, then I'd make the effort on waking up and be there in the morning.
That would be VERY COOL. The National Auto Sports Association is a fully sanctioned national body with points systems and trophy and money races throughout the year. The SOCAL division runs every month at the normal haunt of tracks on the West Coast.

HPDE is a very cool concept in that it is much like the track events that you are used to, but you work your way up through HPDE 1-4, then earn your TT competition license, then PRO license. This will be the first time I will run with NASA so I am having to do one day in HPDE 4 before they clear me for TT competition. Since I had my SCCA comp. license I did not have to start at the NOOBIE level. Although HPDE 4 runs with TT division on the track anyway.

Many people are leaving the SCCA for NASA because they have a broader range of vehicles and the fact that you do not have to spend 5-10k on getting your comp. license.
I have already checked out the crossfire roadster roll bars and they are accepted all the way through TT class. Check out the website when you get a chance.

This will be a much different experience than your track day at Buttonwillow because there is full race class racing and a 3 hour enduro event.

If you decide to come out and wave the flag and check it out, my Saturday events run at 8:40-9:00 am / 10:20-10:40 am / 1:25-1:45 pm / 3:25-3:45 pm.