Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM
g3air
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad News and Good News

Unhappily, the bad news more than offsets the good news.

The good news is that my latest fix for the Tonneau Side Flap Cable worked.

The bad news is I cannot determine what is causing the top hydraulic system not to function. I have checked my installation of the rebuilt pump and cylinders and all looks correct. Manual opening and closing of the top works normally, but when attempting to use the system, nothing happens after the automatic lowering of the windows except an intermittent flashing of the red LED in the top control toggle switch and a beeping. Also, the red LED stays on after the unsuccessful attempt. (I have since again unplugged the PTCM to get rid of the light). There is no evidence of leaking and no sounds that I would associate with latches opening or operation of the hydraulic pump.

I will make one more check of the wiring associated with the latches and will check fuses that protect the PTCM (after I figure out where it/they are).

Absent any other ideas, I think I will will have to approach a dealer with this. To diagnose the system would take a DRB III Scan Tool (prohibitively expensive and hard to find) configured to work on a Crossfire so as to read the DTC's associated with the PTCM. No doubt I will pay dearly for their analysis.