Thread: Brake problem
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 09:42 AM
arejohn
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake problem

Originally Posted by gbono2
Since I started this thread regarding my brake problem. As we all know, the braking system on all cars is a closed system. I had no leaks, so that left only the master brake cylinder.

I took it to the Chrysler dealer in Carrollton, GA to have the master cylinder because I had an extended warranty. They replaced it & called me w/in 2-3 days to advise me our XF was ready to go. I have heard a positive comment about this dealership so I refused to sign off on their repair unless I drove her first. Well, they had not bled the brakes properly after replacing the master cylinder. They kept the car & called me about 2 hours later. I drove it again & the brakes were ok.

It seems the local talk about the Mopar dealer was correct. They were nice folks, but I won't let them work on my XF again. I have now located an independent garage that will make my next repairs. To me, a dealership that will give you back a repaired car w/improperly bled brakes is incompetent. This should not happen to a customer.
Some of these techs really take pride in their work.

The indy wants us to come back. The stealership wants the tech to be fast and cheep.

You wanted the brakes fixed. The mechanic was getting paid for replacing the MC.