View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Toolman
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Re: Attempting headliner repair

Originally Posted by jmk41
When I did mine I had trouble keeping the edges down while the glue dried so I used strips of card board from a cereal box and clothes pins just using clothes pins applied to much pressure to a small area and left marks on it after it dried... Across the top of the windshield where the problem seemed to start i left the material hang over a few inches after it was all dried i turned it over shaved off the foam and glued just the fabric to the top of the liner so it couldn't fall again! I also had one of the cardboard? corners crushed pretty bad from removing the headliner so to fix it I used PVC pipe glue also used it on some of the edges that I couldn't get to stick worked awesome! PVC pipe cleaner seemed to help remove the old head liner too.. I bought my headliner material from Joann fabrics it looked and felt exactly like the oem liner I was amazed! Good luck on your reinstall!
When I helped my son do his headliner we used Popsicle sticks instead of cardboard to spread the clip pressure. I also recommend not pressing down too much with your fingers. Use the roller or palm of our hand. We did one side at a time.