Old 04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
boostmonkey
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: STACKED PULLEYS RESULTS! DYNO and 1/4 MILE!

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
Love your work!
Great Times.
Excellent results from the ice tank - I don't think many could better that 118F (49C)!
So can we glean from this - that it doesn't matter how cold your IC is - at these demanding stages - there's not enough "air time" in the IC to cool it down much more than what you are seeing.
Can you guestimate from the isentropic chart what your IC inlet temps are... 120C (250F)???
And you're still pulling them way down to 120F!
Yes, yes I can guesstimate. You know I am a sucker for graphs and numbers. I try not to bore everyone though.

Below is my estimate of the airflow/pressure ratio points on the compressor map for these stacked pulleys. As you can see, at low and mid RPMs the supercharger is operating right in it's sweet spot. Over 5000 RPMs, it is out of it's efficiency range.

178amp65AMGS105IHKIsentropicADEFFampHPampTEMPampRPMampNUMBERSADDED_zps9596f07d.jpg

The worst case scenario is at redline obviously, where I estimate that 96 HP is required to turn the supercharger, the efficiency has dropped to 40%, and the discharge temp is 356 degrees F!

Here is a chart of supercharger efficiency, discharge temp, and drive HP based on the above plotted compressor map:

178amp65calculatedcurves_zpsdc06cb6a.jpg

If my calculations are close than it appears that the intercooler is doing an excellent job!