View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 05:03 PM
cg80
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Re: Windshield Trim Mystery

Originally Posted by flexfanatic
So for the last few weeks I have been hearing this noise coming from my 04 Crossfire but only when I would reach speeds around 50MPH and above.

I would turn down my radio and it sounded like it was coming from my engine bay or behind the dash so when I got home I did some checking but could not find the root cause. I decided to park the car for a few days wait until the weekend to drive it a short distance (I figured if it was a major problem I did not want to get stuck going to or from work).

So I drove it to the grocery store and on the way back I hear the noise again and immediately pull off to the side of the road to investigate. Pop the hood open, can't find the cause and close the hood and I hear the noise and as I'm looking at the top Windshield Trim I noticed its coming up around the center and right area.

I tried snapping it back in place but it appears that the clip is no longer attached to the trim. I ended up having to drive five miles back home holding down the trim with my hand as I did not want it to fly off and let me tell you, my arm and hand were sore when I got home. 55MPH with the wind pushing against it is a lot of force

So, now that I have figured out the mystery can anyone recommend a way to repair this as I would rather not spend $300 bucks buying the part (I've read some of the threads on here and I was lucky it did not fly off on the expressway).
flexfanatic: A big word of advise/warning...Be sure you attach the clips, someway, very securely...mine blew off last week and when I found it it was broken...First and foremost, they are just about impossible to find and if you go to the Stealeership to order, it cost around $500.00...that's just for the center piece... Carl